C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:47:27 -0500
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Cleveland, Kyle E.
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip/>

> This morning I read Marc Ambinder's account of the exchange.  He is the
> associate editor of Atlantic magazine.

[...]

> You hear both parties complain that the media treats them unfairly-by
> what I heard yesterday and read this morning, they have a point.
>

> I've been involved with very few events that were covered by national
> media, but I've been intimately involved with several local news stories
> over the years and I'm always amazed that the media coverage has never
> presented the "facts" with 100% accuracy-particularly from television
> news, but it's endemic across all local media.  You would think that
> national news outlets would hold themselves to a higher standard of
> truth, but that's apparently not the case.
>

> We're reaping the fruit of what we've sown:  "Truth" is no longer
> objective in the west.  "Your 'truth' may not be my 'truth'", and, "we
> create our own reality" are common refrains coming out of journalism
> schools these days.  That, is a sad truth.

If no one holds them accountable for reporting the truth there may be
more benefit to reporting what fits their agenda, or the agenda of
whomever they are beholding to.  I hope you wrote a letter to the
editor and "cc'd" it to the editors of some peer level publications?

--
Peter Hunsberger