Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:04:37 -0700
Most people will tell you that "Fix it" programs are worse than
worthless as they often cause the very problems they allege to prevent.
Registry cleaners in particular are notorious for this.
I'd say your problem is more likely from malware than viruses, as Avast
(Note the spelling) is a good AV program.
Try Malawarebytes ant-malware:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Uninstall "Fix it".