Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:13:21 +0300
On 29 Jul 2008 at 22:15, Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I had a succesful install of SUSE on my laptop; however, I'm struggling with
> it on my desktop computer.  Recognizes my network wireless cards but can't
> get out onto the internet.
>
> Can anyone recommend another OS distribution to try and where to download
> it?  I'm downloading Gentoo right now and it is slooooow.
>
> Any help/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Even though I don't have any experience with wireless and Linux, it seems
that Ubuntu Linux is simple enough. Yet, I believe, that you may use SUSE
as well. If you already have some experience with setting up wireless
networks, then the instructions here:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Wireless_LANs_with_SuSE_Linux
should suffice.
If not, then a few tips: don't use ad hoc configuration. You use a
wireless router, I guess. Use ESSID broadcasting until everything is
configured. First, you configure the network without protections, and once
it works you add protections.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com