From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 07:11:35 -0500
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Xenu's Sister wrote:

> At 01:14 AM 7/8/97 -0500, Karl wrote:

> WHAT?????????? Where did *this* come from?

        The book "why we get sick."

> I want
> to see the studies.

        I think they were trying to find out why certian foods cause
morning sickness.

> I want to see the *PROOF* of this
> amazing statement. Broccoli is the only vegetable
> that I really, REALLY like!

        So it should be fine for you to eat it, no problems at all.

> KeeRist! Everything I like is supposed to be bad for
> me. I've given up SO many foods since I decided to
> go on a damned diet in February.

        Don't give up brocalli!  It's good for you.  The carcenogen level
is low enough for most adults.  Don't eat it if you're pregnent, as it
can increase the chance of miscarrage or birth defects.  But eat it
without reservation if you like it.

> Round Three:
> I gave up fruits.

        That's aweful.  I'm glad I don't have to give up fruits, and I
don't eat that much of 'em.

> Round Four:
> I gave up Ground Beef.

> ARGH, hard. But it might be bad for me.

        It's O.K. if you cook it slowly and until it's done.

> This is getting ridiculous. People are expressing concerns
> about Steak, which I absolutely will not give up. Now it's
> *broccoli* that's supposed to cause me to croak? Fucking hell!

        No, I gave you the wrong impression.  ALL VEGITABLES are
dangerious to children.  Most modern neotinized vegitables are fine, and
healthy for kids, though.  Mildly toxic at worst.  For a person of your
age, any vegible that is edible raw is OK, and that includes brocalli.

> I can't let this get to me, and I won't, but I just had to
> vent a little bit. I've given up all I'm going to give up,
> and I'll enjoy my broccoli unless Karl or someone comes
> up with the studies that show *without a doubt* that
> my health would be better if I stopped eating it.

        Actually, it may be worse if you do.  Even though brocalli does
have some carcinogens in it, "five a day" is a good rule for us to follow
unless we need to jump-start weight loss.

> What next, cauliflower?

        Yep.  Cauliflower is in the list of morning-sickness veggies,
along with spinach.  But you should be fine.  So should anyone over 4 who
expresses a liking for that kind of stuff.  Your tongue is your first
line of defence against harmful foods.  Processing and such fools the
tongue, but with natural foods, like brocalli, your tongue can tell if
it's good for you or not.

> Vickie (going to fix a broccoli/mushroom omelet for breakfast)

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley