From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:12:30 -0400
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:20:08 -0500, Kenneth Anderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm intrigued by those of you who eat only meat, but have not seen a
>comment on how you answer Cordain's call for acid/alkaline balance to
>be healthy?
>
>Ken

The hypothesis that diets high in animal meats cause bone density loss may
be wrong--especially if the diet contains plenty of animal fats and/or raw
meats/organs. Here is some info on it:

Paleo vs Osteoporosis
http://robbwolf.com/?p=454

"...the short-hand reasons why a paleo diet is beneficial for osteoporosis
is that absorption is improved by healing the gut lining + improved hormonal
state from increased protein intake. Retention is improved by a net-alkaline
diet. Perhaps most importantly, it works." --Robb Wolf, strength &
conditioning coach

 meat and acid/alkaline