From:
Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:22:03 -0300
Hi folks... I'm new to the list.  I just signed up and was browsing
the archives, and this topic struck my interest because just the day
before I had seen a very interesting article on how chocolate (or
more accurately, cocoa) is VERY healthful, and not only that, but
consumed in large quantities by an extremely healthy tribe of
natives in Panama!

The article is here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6430777.stm
And no it's not the same BBC article that has been mentioned before
in this topic (or if this one has I didn't see it.)

Ok, these Panamanian natives are not exactly paleo people... they
appear to have been "hunter gardeners" like most primitive South
American cultures.

And of course we're not talking about processed chocolate with all
the sugar and hydrogenated fats here.

But then again, you /can/ buy minimally processed, unsweetened
cocoa powder and invent some almost-paleo drink or foodstuff to
make from it.

:j