From:
Ida Penn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 22:26:48 UT
Relax,

First off your nail beds being purplish and this diet are not related.  Oxygen
transportation goes on if your on a low fat, low carb, what ever diet.   Like
I tell my mother (who is quick to question this diet no matter what my ache or
pain is)  "People have medical problems on low fat diets too!"

Lets look at some possible answers.  Is this a new phenomenon?  Pinch down on
your nail bed for about 5 - 10 seconds, then let up...dose the blood return
(color) in 3 seconds or less?  If so, your capillaries are receiving blood.
What other recent changes have you made? Caffeine affects
vasodilatation/constriction.  Have you recently quit?  Have you recently quit
smoking?  Look at other possibilities before quitting your diet!

Ida M. Penn, RN
"Nothing exceeds like excess!"