From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:01:55 -0400
Soy is largely indigestible.  Most beans and grains also contain chemicals
called phytates which inhibit the absorption of minerals in foods and are
probably largely responsible for the recent explosion in osteoporosis.

You should really get the Neanderthin book.  It's going to be really tough
to get it right otherwise.  It's not much like Atkins, Protein Power, etc.,
at all.

Take care,
John Pavao

>factors are soy and salt.  Soy does all kinds of nasty things to the body.

I thought that soy was so good for you.  Especially for women, since it has
some estrogenic (sp?) properties or something.

I sometimes use a soy protein powder.  I guess that is a no-no on
neanderthin, huh?  Are other protein powders okay on neanderthin or are you
only supposed to eat "real" food?