C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:12:48 -0700
Ken,

"maybe i just thought you were too smart for this."

And I thought we were on good enough terms that you wouldn't insult me.  In
all the info I read, there was never a reason given for refusing residency
that was based on the child(ren)'s disabilities.  Assuming that the refusal
was based solely on financial (or racial or ethnic) factors without concrete
proof is unfair to the Canadian and Australian systems.  In both cases, the
parents seeking immigration were physicians, so if it were taken on a case
by case basis, the benefit to the national health service would likely have
been greater than the cost of admitting children with specific medical
conditions.

As Deri said, the discussion had been about immigration policy, so the shift
to socialized medicine seemed to be an oppoprtunity to bring the discussion
back to the US presidential race. If you wanted to continue discussing that,
why not post under that thread, or start a new one?