From:
Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:40:21 -0800
Colin,
    The current processor is much better than previous models.  I dont hear
of anyone losing the programming due to static electricity.  Some people are
still worried and even think the implant itself is the cause of teh shocks.
LOL

    In a nutshell the processor receives sound and converts it to electircal
signals which are then induced by way of a small headpiece and the internal
device receives that induced signal.  Both are held together by magnets.
The internal device has an electrode array which is inserted into the
cochlea.  Each electrode is a channel that feeds certain components of the
converted sound to the auditory nerve.

    In general, it does not matter what kind of hearing loss one has.  The
cochlear implant can deliver almost the entire audible frequency range.  I
can again enjoy music tho its not perfect but way better than the time when
I wore hearing aids.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 8/2000 Hookup
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/