From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:09:10 -0700
ah ok.
I wonder how well the processer is shielded...

I've never actually technically informed myself about cocular implants.  So,
is the processer a separate unit, or is it build in to the implant, or at
least, attached closely to it?
And, I'm wondering why the processer for cocular implants is more prone to
static discharges and effecting it's chips then regular behind the ear
hearing aids?  My BTE aids also have the onboard processers and memory chips
for the various program settings, and I've never had an issue with them
resetting or being altered in anyway by static or any sort of strong EMI.
I do like the fact that with the modern one's you can actually tell the tech
what sort of frequency range you want, and very specific notches or filter
schemes.  Allot different then the older ones which only had a broad range
frequency sweep control and a gain control.

73
Colin, V A6BKX