From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:35:41 -0500
You can also connect  any metal fencing or other large metal stuff to your
ground system.

Check the antenna manual to get an idea of what the  2:1 bandwidth should be
on each band.   A poor or lossy ground system will give you a low swr over a
larger portion of the band, but  don't be fooled by this.  Most of your
power will be heating up the earth.   Put in the best ground system you can,
and  when you see bandwidth close to Butternut's specs you will be putting
more power into the air.

73, Steve KW3A