From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:53:52 -0500
I did a search for "windom antenna" and found this on a page where they sell
commercial windoms.

Enter; THE WINDOM:  Call it what you like, OCF, OCFD, or the name for which
it is
named... its namesake is Windom.  The Windom was, is, and will be the number
one
antenna in the world for many years to come.  The Windom was first designed
in 1923.
It was fed by a single wire (coaxial cable was not around in those days),
The designer
William Litell Everitt (his photo is shown elsewhere on this page), brought
it to
the world in 1923, and later wrote a brief about it in 1926.
catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36
A detailed article by Loren G Windom, W8GZ  written in the September, 1929
issue
of QST Magazine.  The Windom gained it fame then and many times through the
following
years.   I had heard of the "Windom" and read a few articles about the
Windom, but
most of my thoughts were ... ho-hum.. just another off center fed (OCF)
dipole fed
a bit off-center.
Then one fall evening in 1949, at a meeting of the GARC in the old "Sea
Scouts" club
house near the Coosa River in Gadsden, Alabama;  I listened as some of my
"Elmer's"
discussed the Windom all-band HF antenna.   It was when Jack Kennamer,
(W4YPC) (SK),
mentioned using one (Windom) antenna on all HF bands.... without an antenna
tuner...!
my ears went directional !
That last phrase caught my undivided attention. "all HF bands, ..etc" What !
A multi-band
HF antenna? Surely I had been blessed.

http://www.windomantenna.com/windom.htm