Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:57:53 -0600
From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:54:46 -0600, Inci Willard <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> A corn diet can also give a cow acidosis. Unlike that in our own highly
> acidic stomachs, the normal pH of a rumen is neutral. Corn makes it
> unnaturally acidic, however, causing a kind of bovine heartburn, which in
> some cases can kill the animal but usually just makes it sick.<<<<<
>
> I'm just a dumb old shepherd but we call this problem "grain overload"
> and it's more prevailent in feedlot lambs where lambs are finished at
> mutton weights then called lambs at local food markets.
So, let me understand this.  In the pursuit of higher-weight animals, and
presumably higher profit, feedlot operators give cattle and lambs food
that they KNOW will make them sick. In fact with lambs, you have to
gradually introduce the food into their
diets or they will die of the sickness (may be true with cattle too).
Then the meat from these sick animals goes into the supermarkets and onto
our tables.  That sounds pretty sick to me!

Just say no to feedlot meat!  Your health is worth more than that "cheap"
price.  If you
look around, you should be able to find small ranchers with grass-fed
animals in your
area.

	Lynnet