C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:27:52 -0400
7bit
From:
Harleen Kaur <[log in to unmask]>
lol actually, being Punjabi we usually go with Sat Sri Akal, but that's very
observant of you Kathy.
We live in the Potomac-Rockville school district. I'm not sure how much my
sister's cognitive ability would allow her to use a communication device,
though she learns when she has to.
I know transitioning from school is going to be hard for her. She already
doesn't like it.
My Mom said she'd ask about the counselors at school for her to talk to, or
rather for them to talk to her. Hopefully this will open a few doors too.
~Harleen
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Kathy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Namaste, Harleen,
>
> Kat here - Anthony Arnold,  one of our CP members, knows a lot about
> communication devices as does Mike Collis.  Maybe they can help point the
> way.  Where in the DC metro area do you live?
>
> Kat
> Mod, C-Palsy Listserv and a CP from North Carolina
>

> Harleen Kaur wrote:
>
>>  We live in the DC metro area. I'm not sure she can type. I think they've
>> taught her at school how to type her name, but not sure what else. She
>> speaks, but it's a bit difficult to understand if you aren't used to it,
>> though she speaks clearly when she wants or is relaxed and happy. One of
>> us
>> at home can usually interpret for her if someone needs. She also mixes
>> English with Punjabi, since we speak that at home.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Where are you located? Can she type? (could she, or does she have a
>>> communication device?)

>>> http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
>>> Tamar Mag Raine

>>> depression. She's not only physically in a wheelchair, but she has
>>> trouble