Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:17:24 -0400

I just found out that a national pancake chain is now serving Gluten-Free pancakes at some of their stores.

The chain is The Original Pancake House.  Here's the section of their website that has their locations.
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/locations.html

There was an email on the DC Celiac list that their store in Falls Church, VA was going to start serving GF pancakes in mid-March.  Then I called their store in Bethesda, Md (which is closer to me) and they said that they're doing it too and have been for three days.

When I called, first I talked to the young woman who runs the cash register, then she had me talk with the manager, and then the manager had me talk with the cook.  The manager said that they keep everything separate.  They keep it in a separate container and the use separate plates.  The cook said that, while they cook it on the same grill where they cook the rest of the pancakes, they use a special section of the grill.  He said that they clean off the grill, and he also said that they use a special part of the grill that they only use for gluten-free pancakes.

I talked to him about how people who have celiac disease have to be very, very careful and how we can get very sick very fast and he said "Oh I know. I don't want you to get sick.  Believe me, we are very, very careful."

So give a call wherever you live and find out if one of their stores is doing it too.

I have no connection with this company.  I'm just really excited by the idea that I might be able to have professionally made Gluten-Free pancakes.

Richard Paul
Washington, DC