From:
Louis Peter Emond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louis Peter Emond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 10:02:32 -0700

"Hello Everyone!"
I have been given Donnatal.  Can anyone tell me if this is gluten-free?   I have been taking the generic form (Belladonna) with no problem, and today the pharmacy gave me the name brand Donnatal.  I would also like to know if any celiacs have been diagnosed with esophageal spasms.  These have been quite painful lately.  The pain is in the upper abdomen.  The spasm was diagnosed by a barium swallow test. I tested negative for h.pylori.

I do have acid reflux and have been off my medicine for 1 year.  Could this be a contributing factor?  I came off the Nexium because everyone told me I needed the acid for proper digestion and absorption of B12.  They also tested my pancreatic enzyme levels and they were normal.

I also have a small hiatal hernia.  My gastro doc is convinced that all my esophogeal spasms are occuring due to my need to be on the Nexium.  The pain is right at the sternum.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Peter Emond