THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cheryl Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:07:15 EST
I am writing to ask if anyone else has experienced my symptoms.  I don't know
if there is a correlation between my meds and hair loss.

I am a 51 year old woman with 3/4 of my thyroid removed 10 years ago.
Synthroid was the doc's choice until I pursued better medication.  I was then
diagnosed with possible Wilson's Syndrome and prescribed timed released t3 and
cortef for low functioning adrenals.  This was 2 and a half years ago.  I have been
very happy with my health overall since this time.  But I have about half the
hair on my head that I did and to be honest, I don't know if the daily loss
of hair (about 200 hairs a day) is a recent phenomenon or has been going on
since the change in meds.  I moved recently and no longer have carpet in the
bathroom so can see and count what falls on the floor.  I only know that about 4
months ago I began to notice a change and really notice it now. I  always had a
lot of hair, and shed all my life so I just have not paid attention.
 I take 90 mcg's of t3 daily in split doses and my TSH is supressed but no
hyper symptoms at all.  Still low body temp, low normal pulse rate and blood
pressure. I am on 20 mg's cortef and have not been able to wean lower without
symptoms.

Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you have to share.

Cheryl

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.