From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:13:13 -0800

Several suggested testing for gallbladder disease or gallstones, can be related to CD

Check for liver problems

Refractory Sprue

Being diagnosed over 50, it will take longer to heal
Young people heal faster, which is why diagnosis is needed early
Suggested can be up to 10 years healing
One person read you can allow for a year of healing per decade of life
One said less likely to completely heal if you are over 50 when diagnosed
The longer undiagnosed, you may never completely heal

Other allergies
Additional food intolerances, diary, soy, corn, shellfish, peanuts, eggs

Check for small amounts of gluten in meds, lotions, shampoo, etc.

A couple of people suggested it could be that I caught a bug, not CD related

Some people said they have suffered with the same exact thing

Recommended to take L-glutamine, probiotics, multivitamins, try specific carbohydrate diet

*****

THANK YOU, so much!  I had given you my scope results at the beginning of the first summary.  I am totally fine now, no more pain.  It went away as mysteriously as it came.  It lasted 4 weeks.  I am attributing my pain to accidental gluten.  And I never want to experience it again!!
Denise