Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:41:23 -0500

My newly diagnosed 7yo celiac used to love apple squares (pastry on bottom and top of apple filling and glaze on top).  I'm afraid to try a simple substitution in the pasty recipe because so much flour is involved, I don't expect it to work.  I searched for recipes online, but they all involve corn starch or potato starch and we need to avoid those.  Can arrowroot starch be substituted for corn or potato starch?  Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dawn

EarthLink Revolves Around You.