Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:37:41 EDT

I had a meeting with my daughters principal, nurse, and teacher tonight.
They want to make a school wide health plan for my daughter and not a 504. They
say to have a 504 you need to show that her "celiac substantially effects her
learning and that it hinders her access to learning."  I explained that she
is not hindered at this point because we work very hard to be sure that she is
 gluten free. In order to show that her education was impacted we would have
to  take her off the diet which is not going to happen and then she would have
 symptoms and maybe miss school and be impacted. So, is this true, does
celiac  have to impact your learning in order to have a 504?

*Sherry*