From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:36:24 -0500
Hi Bill,
I had both a Yaesu 209 and an Icom 2AT and they were both quite
accessible.  But the Yaesu ate batteries!!  The Icom was a good
handheld for a long time.
My first 2 meter transceiver was an Icom 22A - crystals cost more
than the radio but it was what was then!!
Not all of the changes have been kind to blind operators but we have
managed a lot of fixes and workarounds and we shall continue to do that.
Good luck and enjoy.