VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:06:55 -0400
This is from the Kim Komando news of the day for Monday September 13

Microsoft schedules unusually large Patch Tuesday
Microsoft is releasing an usual number of patches next Tuesday. Odd-numbered
months traditionally have few patches compared to even-numbered months.
However, Microsoft will release 9 updates to patch 13 bugs. Keeping Windows
updated is critical for protecting against viruses. But that's not the only
defense you need. Download free security software from my Security Center to
thwart the online dangers. >>
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9184372/Microsoft_plans_double_sized_Patch_Tuesday_next_week?taxonomyName=Security&taxonomyId=17