VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Derek Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:29:27 +0900
Hi Lisa,

What I am about to suggest is a simple workaround that will not retain
the formatting of the original document, but you could try saving the
PDF as a text file using the file menu in Adobe Reader.  You could
then do as you said here by pasting it into a Word document and
filling in the answers.  Another option would be for you to go on
Google and find a free OCR product to convert the form into a Word
document with the formatting retained.

I am not in a position to suggest a free and accessible OCR product,
but perhaps someone on this list is?  Good luck.

If you are in Ontario, this might be an opportunity for you to raise
awareness of impending legislation that will require your physician's
office to provide materials to all patients in a manner that allows
independent and timely access.  No harm in trying, right?  A PDF can
easily be made accessible at the authoring stage, but it is trickier
after the fact.

Again, good luck!

Derek

--