VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:58:14 -0500
I agree that the computer system setup is more cost efficient than the
stand alone machines.
However, for some, there may be another consideration.  PCs can and do
occasionally run into boot up problems, programs get misconfigured,
desktops and start-up presets accidentally are modified or deleted, et al.
I am guessing that the typical person preferring the stand alone unit
seeks simplicity and convenience over and above cost effectiveness.
Sometimes, those of us who have no difficulties with pc applications
forget that others do; and they may be more than willing to pay for that
convenience.
I might not myself opt for the stand alone unit these days, but I can see
why some do.

In his heart a man plans his course,
       but the LORD determines his steps.
--proverbs 16:9