VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:52:58 -0500
Hi to all.

Lisa: in line with Mick's suggestion, are Windows Media and Winamp the only two media-playing files on your computer system. I am specifically thinking about RealPlayer which also will automatically associate files (including MP3 files) to itself unless you tell it otherwise (and the most recent version of RealPlayer 10 which I use requires JAWS 9.0 or higher to read the specific files associated with it). If you do have RealPlayer on your system, you will have to tell RealPlayer not to automatically reassociate with files assigned to it and tell it which files it cannot have. In RealPlayer 10, this can be done through the File Types  tabs found in the Preferences submenu under Tools.

If this is the case and you need more information, please let me know.

Ted