VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:21:19 -0400
Ok Cheryl this one is for you sense you asked so nicely.

I am using Windows XP, Office 2000, with Outlook Express version 6. Again
these will be your basic window's keystrokes.

 You can attach any document file on your hard drive. This can be text,
photo, video or audio files.

Sooner or later in this process you are going to need to locate the file you
want to attach. You have committed the file to memory or you will just have
to go and look for the darn thing.

There are two approaches to attaching files.

Sending your attachment from Outlook or in my case O E.

Bring up a new email form by choosing one of your contacts you want to send
the attachment to or press control n to bring up a new form.

Press alt I to pull down the insert menu and you should land on file
attachment and enter on this to open the attachment dialog box. You will
land in the attachment field where you can type name of the file you want to
send. If you don't know the name then you will need to look for it. If the
attachment dialog box does not open in the right directory you will need to
tab around until you get to the look in combo and pull down the menu and
select the folder you want.

When you find the file you want to attach, just enter on it and

The file will be inserted into the attachment field of the email form.

The method below my only work for ms office software

Another way is to bring up the program that you used to crate the file and
open the file folder and find the file you want to attach.

Let's say I want to attach the word document file called How to send email
attachments.

I would open MS Word, and control key O to open the open dialog box then
type in the name of the file. When this open dialog box opens you will be in
the file name field. Type the file name you want to attach here. If you don't
know the name then you will need to do a combo keystroke shift tab to move
up to your list of documents and arrow around until you find the document.
Then enter on it to open the document.

Once you have the document open press alt f to pull down the file menu.

Now arrow down or press the d key to land on the send to, item. Now right
arrow over and down arrow once to select mail recipient as attachment

This will open a blank email form with the document you wanted attached in
the attachment field. All you will need to do is put in the address, add a
subject and a message in the body of the email then send it.  In XP the
keystroke is alt s to send.