VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:17:42 -0400
Hello Jeff:

It is ok to use more than one spyware program such as spy ware search and
destroy to clean your computer

However you shouldn't use more than one anti virus program. These programs
do not play nicely together.

if you have an active firewall, updated anti virus, scan on a regular
schedule, use and updated anti spy ware program and be alert to web sites
and downloads that maybe malicious when surfing the Net, you should be
relatively safe.

if you find you are getting trash on your system on a regular basis then one
or more of your defenses my be down.
AVG 8 free monitors all protection systems on your computer and warns you
when AVG  detects a problem. Also AVG  indicates a safe website when doing
google searches.

Lets be careful out there.