Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:18:44 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>> Deciding not to follow your rule that says - when I refer to your god, I better damn well call him God - regardless of my own beliefs - but of course, everybody else's god is just a god = Priceless
>>

> Apologies for the off topic.  I'll not say anything else on it except
> for this.
>
> Gale: I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything.  Let me ask this: Do
> you care enough about me as a fellow human being to know that you deeply
> offend my making such comments?

Actually I think the question is disingenuous.  If you are offended
because my wife doesn't wear a veil, does that mean I should force her
to do so?  Just because one is offended by the behavior of another is
not license to insist that that other person change.

> Would you want me to remain silent
> should I feel such an offense, however misguided you may feel I am?

I expect that the best you can hope for is to express your beliefs but
not expect anyone to believe them or accept them as if they were to any
degree equivalent to their own.  Other people may not even care to listen.

Steve