C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:21:39 -0400
There was nothing catty about that. She spend that much money on getting some outfits. She is the governor of Alaska - she should have some sort of existing professional wardrobe. The money could have been spend more wisely - or less expensive clothing purchased. How you spend someone else's money - says a great deal about your values. And if she gets elected - she gets to spend our tax dollars. I would actually like some sort of value back for that money. She and everyone else have free will as to on what they spend their money and how much of it they spend.

I was waiting to see who was chosen as VP before I made a final decision - once McCain chose with his gonads - I was willing see what kind of person she was - she didn't impress me. I know how much time a disabled child takes up. I know how much parenting goes into teenagers - and I know that as woman you have to make a choice - kids or career. While you can have both - you can't have them at the same time. I am sorry but the Republicans just went after the wrong people - this time.

There is nothing wrong with conservative values - there is something wrong with legislating them on others. The country is going up in flames and people are worried about their private little issues - what we need is to pull together get the US back on track so we can be there to make sure health insurance works, disability rights are put in firmly in place. But you can't have this happen on a base of quick sand. It needs firm bedrock - and that's were Americans are falling down now. You are sinking and worried about silly side issues like abortion, gay marriage and not the real issue - can we survive? But I guess its like an ostrich putting its head in the ground - you'll get the worm but you don't see the tiger about to eat you.

                                      Trisha