From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:24:01 -0400
I'm such a bonehead.

Yesterday, I came down to Pittsburgh, switching out with Melanie for
the next couple weeks (for those who don't know, Alena's spending the
summer in Pittsburgh at a rehab place while she gets her tissue
expander expanded before they replace the skull she lost last November
with a plastic plate. It won't be fun. And Melanie and I are trading
off spending a couple weeks each down here with her, and right now
it's my turn.) Anyway, I had it all planned out. While Alena's napping
or sleeping or doing something that doesn't require me (all the nurses
love her!), I was going to sit on this handy bench out back, with my
spiffy new Bluestar Antennas P1 portable vertical and KX1 and knock
out a few Field Day contacts (because I've missed way too many field
days).

Well, I got all ready and packed the antenna and the KX1 and a BNC
adapter in with my Macbook in the Macbook backpack and left home
yesterday morning. Yesterday evening, I thought, what the heck, I'll
test this stuff out and see what happens.

...which is when I discovered that I forgot something important.

I forgot to pack coax. Moreover, I didn't even have my BNC to binding
post adapter so I could just use a hunk of wire thrown over the swing
set or something.

Man, did I feel stupid!

Y'all have some extra fun for me.

72,