From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 15:04:13 -0700
It is quite easy.  I've done a couple.  It plugs down on a little edge
connector thing as I recall.  Severe c r s, but as I recall, it comews
with some little pads with sticky stuff when you peal off the backing.
One, the thin one as I recall,, goes under and the thick one on top so
the thing is held in place when you put the radio back together.  You
take out 4 screws on top cover, where speaker is, and 2 screws on each
side.  I think you then have to move the speaker out of the way, as I
said, been a few months since I did mine.  It is very obvious when you
get the rig appart, and the board isn't nearly as small as the v s 3.
BTW, if you want to open the radio up for mars or for more coverage, you
want to do that before you plug in the little board as it covers these
jumpers.  The mars mod is easy, a fairly noticable loop of wire you cut
to open it up for that.  If you want it opened above 150, you have to
clip a little tiny jumper, and I had to get sighted help for that one as
it is very small.  Mars mod is easy though.

It is really easy, you'll see right where it goes when you take the top
off.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr