From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:20:53 -0400
Strip the end of the wire and tin it.  Put the tinned end into the little
cup on the  pin you want to solder.   Heat the cup  until the solder  on the
tinned wire flows.  Remove heat and don't let the wire move  until it has a
chance to cool.

Too much heat can damage the plastic body.   A soldering pencil or low watt
iron is better than a  large gun, but use what you have and be careful.
Use a knife or razor blade or something to  feel between the pins when you
are done to ensure that there are no solder bridges between the pins. If
it's a new plug, it may have come with little plastic sleeves to slip over
the wires and down over the connections to prevent shorts.  You can make
your own out of wire insulation  just larger than the wire  you are using.

 For a simple vise, use a pair of locking pliers laying flat on the bench.
Brand name in the States is "vise-grips".   Just lock tight enough to hold
the  plug and place a weight on the other end of the pliers if needed to
hold it.

73, Steve KW3A