C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:26:27 -0500
7bit
From:
greta von der luft <[log in to unmask]>
 Hello,
This is a workshop announcement that I received. The conference is being
sponsored by AACPDM. It is being held in Atlanta, GA. Here is more
information at this site:
https://www.aacpdm.org/index?service=page/annualMeeting2008
Just thought you may be interested. For disclosure purposes: I am a member
of AACPDM, but I will in no way benefit if you decide to attend.
Take care,
Greta

     [image: AACPDM] <http://www.aacpdm.org/>     *June 27, 2008*
   Save the date
Adults with Cerebral Palsy Workshop
Tuesday, September 16th & Wednesday, September 17th

*Adults with Cerebral Palsy: A Workshop to Define the Challenges of Treating
and Preventing the Secondary Musculoskeletal and Neuromuscular Complications
in this Rapidly Growing Population.*

This workshop is a collaboration of the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy
and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) Lifespan Care Committee, the United
Cerebral Palsy Research and Educational Foundation (UCPREF), and Reaching
for the Stars: a foundation of hope for children with cerebral palsy. The
workshop will review the current knowledge of the incidence and prevalence
of cerebral palsy, as well as known and presumed complications of aging with
CP. The program will focus on musculoskeletal complications, motor
impairments and the impact of chronic pain and immobility. The goal is to
identify new treatments and technologies that may help prevent, treat, or
minimize the effects of accelerated aging in CP, as well as define the needs
and opportunities for advanced research in order to stimulate a more focused
research agenda in these areas.

Presentations and discussions will take place on Tuesday and the workshop
will finish with a brief closing meeting Wednesday morning. AACPDM meeting
attendees are welcome to register and participate as workshop observers, as
well as display posters of their work related to Cerebral Palsy and Aging on
Tuesday. For those interested in participating in the poster session, please
send an abstract no later than August 15th to [log in to unmask]
Registration is limited to 100 persons.

Registration fee: $125.00 per person (continental breakfast on both days and
lunch on 9/16 included)

To register for the Adults with Cerebral Palsy and the AACPDM Annual meeting
please follow this link:
https://ssl18.pair.com/socbio/aacpdm/meetings/2008/registration/
[image: American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine] [image:
United Cerebral Palsy Research and Educational Foundation] [image: Reaching
for the Stars]
*Disclosure:* You have received this message because you have had previous
contact with the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental
Medicine. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please
forward this message to [log in to unmask]
    (c) 2008 American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine