THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david binotto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 17:37:14 +1000
Dear Elaine,
I am asking because back in April, Linda had a microsomal anti-body test
done (by my
brother in-law) at the Austin here in Melbourne. It came back positive
(<6400) which
is fairly high. Two weeks later the head of Endocrinology at St. Vincents
disputed
this test and said his method of testing was 'more accurate' than the
Austin's. When the results came back he told me that there was a '16 fold
decrease' in his testing of
Linda'a antibodies. When he faxed the results through to me I saw he had
tested for
peroxidase AB's. I assumed they were the same as microsomals, until I read
my E-mail
the other day and found out they were different; (apparently there are 4
specific tests) However, she still tested positive for the peroxidase AB's.

During the consultation he totally dissmissed Linda's symptoms because her
TSH was
supposedly not high enough. Maybe it was an oversight because I just can't
understand
why he would do this??
I look forward to what your Doc. says on Friday.
Thanks a heap.
David and Linda.