THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betsy Polglase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:04:54 +0000
Diane Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Okay.  Not all glands are equal and tonsillitis is not mumps, but I'll
>just throw my hat into the ring in case there is a connection.  Every
>season when the weather changed until my freshman year in college, I
>would get tonsillitis.  My doctor kept saying that the tonsils would have
>to come out the next year, but no one ever quite got around to it. Maybe
>no connection whatsoever, but it would be interesting to know if we have
>several hypo persons with the same experience.

Hi, Diane,

When I was a child I had yearly bouts with tonsillitis--awful bouts, and
frequent. They never got taken out because by the time they went down, I
started getting another infection. (I didn't go on thyroid medication until
I was in my teens). When I got mono in college, my tonsils were so badly
swollen that I could barely swallow my own saliva. By the time they finally
went down, I never had much problem with them again--they are still with me.

Betsy