THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 17:06:22 +0600
Okay.  Not all glands are equal and tonsillitis is not mumps, but I'll
just throw my hat into the ring in case there is a connection.  Every
season when the weather changed until my freshman year in college, I
would get tonsillitis.  My doctor kept saying that the tonsils would have
to come out the next year, but no one ever quite got around to it. Maybe
no connection whatsoever, but it would be interesting to know if we have
several hypo persons with the same experience.

Also, re:  pus pockets.  I don't have them but do get tender throat
problems.  My doctor says I have a lot of residual tonsil tissue left in
my throat and it traps food particles.  Rinsing often, especially after
eating, helps somewhat.

Diane Fisher