THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Ann Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 19:36:41 -0400

<<  We have been to TWO heads of Endocrinology dept.'s here in
 Melbourne and both did not even want to know what she was complaining of and
 suggested psych friends of theirs to help out. All scans show a diffusely
 enlarged thyroid consistent with a multi-nodular goiter but, as we were
 told, this is very common with women. They said it was unlikely she should
 be suffering from anything. As I mentioned before her anti-thyroid
 micro-somals tests all were high BUT the thing that stopped her from having
 Hashimoto's was her TSH levels being normal; (5.13).  >>

Perhaps if you wrote to them, enclosing articles (like Merck Manual and
excerpts from thyroid books or internet articles) that show how ridiculous
this stance is, they would be more likely to re-evaluate.  Doing things in
writing can make doctors sit up straight.