THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 18:34:33 -0700
Hi, Everyone!

I'm sort of new to the group, so I've been reading a lot of the postings.  I
noticed that a lot of people were seeking advise on combatting weight gain.
Most of the people said that they were hypo, with high TSH's.  Right now, I
have been dx'd with Hashimotos and all my test results show normal T3 and
T4, and extremely low TSH (.01).  My doc says that I'm on a cycle where
sometimes I will seem hypo and sometimes seem hyper.  Does anyone have any
ideas on how to lose weight?  I'm very active and I'm not very overweight,
but nothing I try works.  Low cal, low fat, extra exercise... I'm really
frustrated and almost inclined to blame it on my thyroid.  Has anyone ever
gone through this?

I would appreciat any suggestions.

Thanks.