THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Esther Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 11:35:55 -0400
Hi everyone,

I've recently switched from Synthroid (.1mg) to Armour (60 mg). One thing
I've noticed, even after 3-4 days, is a major rise in body temp.  My basal
body temp upon waking used to be as low as 97.1; this morning it was 98.5.
It has never been this high.  Also, my hands are warm!  This is new.  I
tried one of those little cards that change color when you hold them and I
registered as "normal".

No unusal sweating, but perhaps some heat intolerance -- or what seems like
heat intolerance compared to what I used to have.  It feels like my skin is
giving off lots of warmth, especially in the midsection.  My energy is
starting to return, but the mental fog is still with me -- is that the last
thing to leave?

I'm not noticing any palpitations.  My resting pulse rate has always been
very low, except when it's taken by endos in their offices after they have
already begun to irritate me, :-)  and at the moment it's 60.

No headaches, chest pains or major jumpiness; minor hand tremors the first 2
days, but they're diminishing.

Oh yes.  And that craving for Japanese seaweed -- gone.  I've got some
sitting in the fridge, and, well.... yechh.

I take it that this is the result of adding T3 to the mix by switching to
Armour.  I can put up with the added warmth, if it doesn't get any worse.
The doc was so hesitant to switch me to Armour that I don't want to complain
about early symptoms; however, if they persist over time, maybe I can do
with a little less med.

Folks, please tell me if this is par for the course or if I should ask to
have the dosage reduced so soon.  It's only the 4th day.

BTW, I thought I had an equivalence chart of Synthroid/Armour, but I don't.
Had someone published one on the list recently?

Esther