THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Connolly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:18:33 -0400
Hi all,
I snipped and pasted the web site addresses that I had not deleted...these
came from Mary Shomon.  The address listed in my last post was only to go
into the thyroid post archives (message to LISTSERV, but I can't remember the
exact command--->moderator will send an archive directory to search) and find
the original posting.  I unfortunately deleted it from my file cabinet,
sorry.  I hope this list from Mary helps.

<<<message dated 97-03-20 15:07:01 EST

<< SUPPORT AND GENERAL INFORMATION

 http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3626/
 Alt.support.thyroid Newsgroup Home Page
 This site is the home page of the alt.support.thyroid Usenet newsgroup.

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-treat.html
 Thyroid Hormone Treatment
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochure details the various hormone
 treatments, drug names, and other information for people taking thyroid
 hormone replacement.

 http://www.druginfonet.com/synthrod.htm
 Synthroid
 Here is the very detailed product literature and drug "insert" for
 Synthroid.  Everyone taking Synthroid should consider this MUST reading.

 http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/levothy.htm
 The RxList Entry for Levothyroxine
 This RxList page describes the drug levothyroxine, which is the generic
 name for the most commonly prescribed medicine for thyroid disease.
 (Synthroid and Levoxyl, for example, are levothyroxine.)  The site
 offers the drug's description, action, use, contraindications, warnings,
 cautions, drug interactions, side-effects, toxicity and typical dosing.

 http://www.amwa-doc.org/thyroid.html
 Thyroid Conditions / American Women's Health Association
 This is a simple, easy-to-understand overview of thyroid disease,
 written for a woman's perspective. It discussed Olympian Gail Devers,
 who suffers from an underactive thyroid.  In addition, the article
 offers an overview of the thyroid gland and its disorders, facts about
 thyroid disease, common symptoms of thyroid disease, and testing for
 thyroid disease.   This is a MUST read site for any woman with thyroid
 disease.

 THYROID CANCER

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-cancer.html
 Cancer of the Thyroid
 A Thyroid Foundation of America brochure covering all the key details of
 thyroid cancers, including cancerous nodules.

 http://rcc.webpoint.com/health/thyroid.htm
 Exam: Thyroid Cancer
 A short and simple review of what is involved in having a thryoid cancer
 exam, written by  Dr. Allan Bruckheim, author of "The Family Doctor"
 column.

 http://oncolink.upenn.edu/disease/thyroid/intro_thyroid.html
 Introduction to Thyroid Cancer
 A brief and easy to understand overview of thyroid cancer, located at
 the University of Pennsylvania's OncoLink web site.

 http://noah.cuny.edu/cancer/nci/cancernet/201252.html
 Thyroid cancer / CancerNet: National Cancer Institute
 This is a very detailed, but not too hard to understand,
 patient-oriented review of thyroid cancer information, provided as a
 service of the National Cancer Institute (NCI).  The information tells
 about the current treatments, warning signs and how the cancer is found,
 with details on research on new treatments (clinical trials), doctors
 who treat cancer, and hospitals with cancer programs.

 http://www.medicinenet.com/mainmenu/encyclop/ARTICLE/Art_T/THYROID.htm
 Thyroid Cancer / MedicineNet
 This is MedicineNet's very thorough and understandable review of thyroid
 cancer, including a review of causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment

 GRAVES DISEASE/HYPERTHYROIDISM

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-graves.html
 Graves' Disease
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochure details on one of the more
 common thyroid diseases.

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-hyper.html
 Hyperthyroidism
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochure details all the basics on an
 overactive thyroid, its symptoms and treatments.

 http://www.healthy.net/LIBRARY/Books/Hoffman/Immune/hyperthyroid.htm
 Hyperthyroidism
 This article by David L. Hoffman, M.N.I.M.H. offers comprehensive
 background information on hyperthyroidism.

 http://www.cyberway.com.sg/~jackie/
 The Graves' Disease Home Page
 A personal site, maintained by a med student, with a wealth of
 information about the disease.

 http://www.support-group.com/groups/ngdf/
 National Graves Disease Foundation Home Page
 The home page of a support organization for Graves' patients.

 http://www.support-group.com/groups/ngdf/faq.htm
 Frequently Asked Questions About Graves' Disease
 A good FAQ site, developed by the National Graves Disease Foundation.

 http://www.mayo.edu/Mayo_Ophtho/Graves_info.html
 Introduction to Graves' Disease
 Mayo Medical Center's Department of Ophthalmology  has developed this
 extensive "Introduction to Graves' Disease," with an emphasis on the eye
 disease that can accompany the disease.

 HASHIMOTO'S THYROIDITIS AND HYPOTHYROIDISM

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-hypo.html
 Hypothyroidism
 This key Thyroid Foundation of America brochure discusses hypothyroidism
 in depth.

 http://www.healthtouch.com/level1/leaflets/tfa/tfa010.htm
 Thyroid Problems: Too Little Hormone
 An easy-to-understand layperson's review of hypothyroidism.

 http://the.quickpages.com/essential.nutrition/hypothy.txt
 A Review of Hypothyroidism
 This site presents a very interesting review of hypothyroidism, taking a
 strongly nutritional approach to discussing the disease.

 http://www-med.stanford.edu/school/DGIM/Teaching/Modules/hypothyroidism.html
 Hypothyroidism  -- A Teaching Module
 Blackford Middleton, MD, Stanford Division of General Internal Medicine,
 developed this hypothyroidism teaching module. It provides a good
 overview of hypothyroidism.

 http://www.healthy.net/LIBRARY/Articles/Schacter/hypothyr.d.htm
 The Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypothyroidism
 This is an interesting and easy to understand article on the diagnosis
 and treatment of hypothyroidism, written in 1996 by Michael Schachter,
 M.D., P.C.

 http://www.healthy.net/LIBRARY/Books/Hoffman/Immune/hypothyroid.htm
 Hypothyroidism (Myxedema)
 This article by David L. Hoffman, M.N.I.M.H. provides a good review of
 the basic information on hypothyroidism.

 http://the.quickpages.com:80/essential.nutrition/hypothy.txt
 A Review of Hypothyroidism
 A thorough 1994 research paper written by Dr. John A. Allocca, Sc.D. ,
 that overviews hypothyroidism in a detailed but fairly non-technical
 manner, and adds a nutitional perspective.

 http://www.familyinternet.com/peds/scr/000371sc.htm
 Thyroiditis
 This Family Internet page offers an excellent overview of various forms
 of thyroidits, including Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  The site defines the
 illness, discusses causes, incidence, and risk factors, symptoms, and
 treatment.  One of the most useful features is linking to information
 regarding the specific tests used to diagnose thyroid problems.

 PREGNANCY/FERTILITY

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-post.html
 Postpartum Thyroiditis
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochure discusses postpartum thyroid
 problems, which are often mistaken for postpartum depression.

 http://www.io.org:80/~thyroid/Guides/HG08.html
 Thyroid Disease, Pregnancy and Fertility
 A Thyroid Foundation of Canada site that looks at issues of fertility,
 menstruation, pregnancy and breastfeeding.

 OTHER IMPORTANT TOPICS

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-irrad.html
 Childhood Head and Neck Irradiation
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochure has information for people
 whose thyroid problems are due to x-rays and radiation received in
 childhood.

 http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-elderly.html
 Thyroid Disease in the Elderly
 This Thyroid Foundation of America brochures looks at the particular
 problems facing senior citizens with thyroid disease.

 http://www.healthtouch.com:80/level1/leaflets/tfa/tfa007.htm
 What Your Thyroid Pill Does
 A short and sweet, flyer-type piece that describes thyroid hormone
 replacement, and how it works.