THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 03:59:43 -0400
In a message dated 97-04-05 21:50:43 EST, Esther wrote:

<< "FM personality,"which I should tape to my mirror.  (The chiro asked for a
copy, which I was happy to give him.)  He stated also that I must get my
overall health
 picture turned around, or I'm liable to fall victim to CFS as well.  That
 can't be.  Can it?>>

Esther, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is true that CFS could be
the next progression, as your chiropractor indicated.  I started out with a
diagnosis of hypothyroidism, which got bumped up to hypothyroidism/FMS, which
later got bumped up to hypothyroidism/FMS/CFS/WS.

<< Wilson's syndrome.  The picture may also include this.  Why is Wilson's
 looked at askance, even more than these other conditions?>>
Possibly because Dr. E.Denis Wilson:a)did not do any "real research"
including, but not limited to double-blind placebo studies to prove his
theory, b) a patient of Dr. Wilson's died while on his protocol and he was
subsequently not allowed to practice medicine for a period of time (some subs
here obsessed with this tidbit will gladly forward you the article), c) very
few doctors even know what Wilson's Syndrome is, confusing it with a copper
deficiency known as Wilson's Disease, d)many doctors do not know what tests
to run to determine if a patient has Wilson's Syndrome.  Those are just a few
reasons that come to mind right now.  There are few WS detractors here that
can probably come up with some real doozies, but since I have the T4/T3
conversion problem, I can't honestly tell you why any good physician would
have a hard time considering WS in the face of clinical evidence and the
correct diagnostic tests.

<< Help me out here, folks.  How can people people go on for years, sometimes
 even being treated contemptuously by the medical establishment, when they
 are suffering from debilitating physical illnesses which are treatable?? >>
This Esther, continues to be one of the great mysteries of our time.

I pray that you do not fall victim to CFS or WS.  There is no reason that you
should, if you can nip it in the bud now.

Blessings,
Ricci

P.S. I would love to have a copy of that FMS personality list you mentioned.
 I suspect it describes all of us "type A's" to a tee.