THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
t sumlak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:19:22 PDT
>Date:         Thu, 4 Sep 1997 19:53:30 -0800
>Sender:       Thyroid <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Laurie Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Thyroid and High Cholesterol
>Hi,
>
>  I was diagnosed with very high cholesterol +700
>around 4 years ago.
>  The past 2 years have been riddled with weight
>gain, constantly tired, feeling flu like, sweating
>and clammy, weird.
> Just can't seem to be on top. Anyway.. I was diagnosed
>with low thyroid and started searching the net to
>find out exactly what low thyroid was. It's
>nice to know that I was not going out of my mind...
>about not feeling well and there is an explanation for
>all of this.
> What concerns me is that sweating and feeling clammy
>doesn't seem to be mentioned as a symptom of hypothyroidism
>is it possible that something else is going on?
>

>-------------------------------------
>Name: Laurie Tucker
>Software Engineer ICU Build/Release
>E-mail: tucker@sybase (Laurie Tucker)
>Date: 09/04/97
>Time: 19:53:30
>Who's on First?
>X8620
>-------------------------------------

Laurie,

it's possible, from what my newest doctor said, that a person may be
alternately hypo and hyper thyroid and that a person may experience some
symptoms of both conditions.

 A previous doctor said this isn't being possible - that a person can
only be one or the other (he didn't mention eurythroid).

I've had 'combination' symptoms, so i suspect this latest doctor is
probably right.

Since your diagnosis, have you received any treatment for hypo?

t.sumlak

'It's my cat's name, it's a long story...'