THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Tease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 07:33:20 -0400
In a message dated 20/08/97  04:43:13, you write:

<<
 Pig sick of it

 Simone

It will change Simone, as the NHS breaks down into smaller pieces
doctors in Britain will not find their jobs quite so secure. It is a shame
though that the attitudes of the minority can have such a powerful
impact on the majority.
I am not sure I would ever like to see a system that allows the use
of lists, to list good and bad doctors, as that is not good for the
patients ( as daft as that may seem to be writing) It would cause
anxiety between doctor and client, which is bad news.
I think the medical profession ought to put their house in order
pretty quickly, before they have it done for them. It would be nice
to see some of these so called 'dedicated' youngsters who get
places in University, in the some of the residential homes learning
how to interact with people at their pace. The stimulation would
be good for the residents too.
I wonder if the job would be quite so attractive if they had to show
how dedicated they have been, and be able to demonstrate thier
ability to interact with people. I wonder how many doctors will
have bathed someone, really got to know peoples bodies,
and had to clean up what comes out of them?
Afterall future vets have to and often find themselves amongst
their patients from quite an early age ( doing some of the not so nice
jobs for many, many years)
Which is possibly why if you were a pig with thyroid disease it may
have been picked up earlier, because they know their clients well.
You did say you were 'pig sick' :o)

Carol