THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Tease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 19:20:50 -0400
In a message dated 08/08/97  22:27:28, you write:

<< Re: Sulfa
 I am highly allergic to sulfa and am about to start taking
 synthyroid......and would be intereted in hearing if there is any connection
 between the two drugs... >>

Julie,
Go straight to your doctor if you have these sorts of fears and talk
to him/her about it. I don't know if it is a sulpha compound, but if it is
the doctor will know. Don't take anything that you know you are allergic
too, your medication will hold for a few days until this is sorted out.
The doctor will not think your worries are silly, if  he/she does talk to
another doctor. Also discuss this with your pharmacist who may
ring the doctor up for you to sort it out.
Carol