THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Nell Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:30:25 -0500
After a month of pelvic pain, I just got diagnosed with endometriosis.  I will have a laporoscopy in another month or so.  I got busy and started combing the websites for info and look at what I came up with:

http://www.moreton.com.au/ana/handbook/endometr.htm:

Women with endometriosis generally don't have higher circulating oestrogen levels than normal. These
women do have increased oestrogen sensitivity ...
Oestrogen receptor density may be increased in hypothyroidism. Therefore, women should be checked for hypothyroidism or decreased utilisation of thyroid hormones. Supplementation with thyroid hormone precursors, tyrosine and iodine, will benefit these women.

For cryin' out loud, is there NOTHING that hypothyroidism doesn't f*k up??  I'm already taking .175 of Synthroid every day, and have been for about 2 years.

Fuming,

Jo Nell