THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 20:03:20 -0400
Listers,
Many thanks for all the input and the concerns.  My endo has told me I have
symptoms of hyperthyroidism/too much Synthroid hormone.  I am happy to share
the 'whole story.  But first, below find results of my googlesearch on the
subject.

Just went to  <http://www.rxlist/> www.rxlist and found the following:

Assessment of permanence of hypothyroidism
<javascript:defwindow('hypothyroidism')>  may be done when transient
hypothyroidism is suspected. Levothyroxine therapy may be interrupted for 30
days and serum <javascript:defwindow('serum')>  measurement of T4 and TSH
<javascript:defwindow('TSH')>  levels obtained. If T4 is low and the TSH
<javascript:defwindow('TSH')>  level is elevated, permanent
<javascript:defwindow('permanent')>  hypothyroidism is confirmed and therapy
should be re-instituted. If T4 and TSH remain in the normal
<javascript:defwindow('normal')>  range, a presumptive diagnosis
<javascript:defwindow('diagnosis')>  of transient
<javascript:defwindow('transient')>  hypothyroidism can be made. In this
instance, continued clinical <javascript:defwindow('clinical')>  monitoring
and periodic reevaluation of thyroid <javascript:defwindow('thyroid')>
function <javascript:defwindow('function')>  may be warranted.

That must be what Dr. H. is doing.

I stopped the Synthroid two days ago.  Felt fine yesterday.  Felt ok today,
until about 4:00 PM.  began to feel sluggish; time for a nap!!

That feeling went away within two hours, and I began to feel 'normal' for
me.  (I think my pituitary will soon begin to realize 'something' is
different...)

will let you know how it goes; thanks for the thoughts!  And I will post
some of my 'story' in separate post, perhaps others are going through
something similar.

Holly