THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff MItchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:04:32 -0700

> Mac Leod's wrote:
> >
> > I have Hashimoto's and am feeling fine except for a few symptoms. I walk
> > about 10 K a day and I find that it makes my hip joints very sore, even
> > sore to the touch on the outside of each hip.

>         Hope you just need better shoes.
> Joan

Colleen,
        You may just need NEW shoes.  I also walk 3 miles each day and
over time the soles break down.  It's not always obvious to look at them,
but the "air pockets" that give the soles their cushion collapse and
therefore hold your feet in a different angle.  Depending on how I wear
out my shoes either my ankle, knee or hip will ache.  It usually takes we
a couple of days of pain to realize I didn't hurt myself..... I need a
new pair of shoes.  Actually, it has happened often enough over the years
that when my leg joints hurt, my shoes are the first thing to check.
Have someone walk behind you and notice if your feet are collapsing in or
out while you walk.  Hope this helps.

Laura