THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Boshell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 07:39:03 -0700
       It's probably been covered already -- but --  If the TSH is low (like
.13) (which means too much circulating thyroid hormones, either from your
body churning it out or from replacement), but the other test results are
normal, WHY are they normal and not elevated?  It would seem to correlate.

        And why do I feel better when the TSH is that low, but other thyroid
results are normal -- especially on the Armour replacement?  I'm feeling
much better than I have for years since starting the Armour.  Not
superwoman, and still have pain, but not nearly as much since starting the
Armour.

        For the other diabetics out there -- my sugar levels were high for
the first 2 weeks on the Armour, but then went down (still not "normal", but
much closer to normal than I have been for 2.5 years, e.g., now 160-170 on
awakening and 120s in the late afternoon--without medication) and now only
go way up (200+) if I do something stupid like eating birthday cake at work.
I was also sick at the time I started the Armour which will make the sugar
levels go up, but I think it was more related to the Armour -- not sure why
I think that.  It was just a gut feeling.  Also, I've had a swollen throat
and sinuses for 5 weeks now, but my sugar levels are not elevating because
of it.

        Also, I remember recently someone saying there are fluctuations
throughout the day (or whatever other cycle it was) in thyroid levels --
could you refer me to where you read this?

        Also -- is there any possibility of an at-home thyroid test -- such
as the glucose monitor for diabetics?  I'd certainly buy one.  Who do we
lobby to develop one?