THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:05:04 -0700
...maybe I didn't have it yet
>at all but perhaps the huge amount of iodine caused it.
>I haven't told my endo this yet.  MIght though.>

I don't think taking iodine causes Hashi's, but it might have speeded up the
progression.  When you take iodine, it makes your thyroid work harder... but
your thyroid is already functionning normally... it's just that antibodies
are destroying the thyroid during this process.  That's why my doc won't let
me have any iodine/kelp.